ANIMAX is a procedural animation system for Blender. Useful for animating multiple objects. It allows you to create complex animations that are hard to achieve using Blender’s built in animation tools.
- 19 different effects to choose from + the custom mode to create your own effects.
- Ease of use, a simple UI and a straightforward workflow.
- Tools for splitting/shattering a mesh object into pieces.
- Convert the procedural animation to keyframes or to shape keys.
- The animation is procedural, but it’s possible to keyframe a lot of parameters for more complex animations.
- And much more…
ANIMAX isn’t an all in one solution for all your animations scenarios, because it’s designed for some specific animation types, if you want a more complete tool check out Animation nodes.
- When using ANIMAX you can animate a limited number of objects (2000 objects, with 3-5 fps in my computer), a stronger computer will not help a lot, do to the nature of Python.
- The add-on relies on a Python library “Numpy”, which is bundled with the official Blender builds, but not with the daily builds.
- You can Bake (convert to keyframes) only one group of objects at a time.
- You can control only the (loc, rot, scale) of the objects.
- Upgrade to Blender 2.80 Beta.
- Tracking the selection order is now a modal operator.
- New parameter (Seed) for the Random Direction.
- Now uses the new Collections system instead of the old Grouping system.
V 1.3.0 – Video demo
- Presets system for the Custom mode, you can save, load, and share your custom presets.
- Convert the procedural animation to a single animated object using Shape Keys. It’s pretty much the same method used in the awesome add-on Animation Joiner.
- Now it’s possible to animate the different properties without disabling the Interactive mode.
- bug fix: incorrect baking results when the objects are parented.
V 1.2.0 – Video demo
- Object Picker: To quickly pick an object.
- The possibility to change the location of the add-on’s Panel (Tool Shelf, Properties).
- Pushing the objects away (Custom mode, Transformers effect).
- Local Rotation (Custom mode, Copy animation effect).
- The possibility to sort a single direction.
V 1.1.0 – Video demo
- 3 New Effects (Collapse, Rain, Elastic).
- 9 New easing types.
- A new parameter (Offset) for the Spiral effect.
If you are interested on the add-on, or just want to support my work. The add-on is available at the Blender Market.
If you have any questions, suggestions or want to say hello… leave it in the comments below.